Uploaded the audio from the May 2017 meeting http://madhatters4x4.com/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/May-2017-Madhatters.mp3
Notes from the meeting:
- Still lots of snow/runoff on the trails
- Rubicon is mostly closed right now, til probably June 1 or slightly after except for section from Loon Lake to the intersection with the Wentworth Springs route. See updates here: https://www.edcgov.us/Rubicon/
- Fordyce is open to the first water crossing only. Water level is VERY high (800+CFS ). Road to Fordyce Lake is still closed with snow.
- Ladies Run got canceled due to snow and no good alternatives nearby.
- A few people did some stuff in April/May: Mud-in-Yer Eye (james), Cougar Buttes/Big Bear (Josh & Art)
- George is going to High Desert Round-up for Memorial Day weekend – hope to hear a good bunch of stories when he gets back
- Rubicon Run for June 3-5 is postponed – new plan is to do a short day run from Wentworth Springs either to Spider (if open) or around to Loon and try to get trail maintenance done on our section of the trail – June 17-18. More details as we know them. We figure to do a real Rubicon run later in the season, once things are drier and less busy (later August/Sept)
- If June 17-18 doesn’t work out for Rubicon, Tyler was suggesting he and his Dad were going to head south towards Hungry Valley area.
- Livermore Rodeo parade is coming up – Rene will forward details when we have them
- Club picnic needed to be moved up to July 7-9 from 14-16 due to AxialFest 2017 being scheduled at Cisco Grove from 12-17. Hopefully more of the Fordyce will be open by then.
- Corral Hollow run moved up to July 22 due to conflict that Lloyd has for the 29th. More details in the June meeting.
- Sierra Trek coming up fast. Hoping snow melts at Meadow Lake – its still pretty deep. Need a few volunteers to help with raffle prize solicitation. For folks helping with the raffle or other setup/teardown at Trek, there is a committee registration discount.
- If you’re interested in Moab for next years Easter Jeep Safari, get camping arrangements soon – they are filling up.