For folks looking for a ham cram class, here are a couple coming up soon. The first seems to be limited to residents of Alameda County, the other one is open:
Audio from our 2015 meeting available here: Madhatters April 2015
Highlights of meeting:
- Good trip to Lost Coast in spite of the low turnout
- Carnegie shakedown run led by Mike Cline went well – Josh had a good time in particular burying his rig in the mud
- Lacking any other boner nominations, boner was awarded to Tom for getting out of leading Lost Coast trip by having hip surgery (get well soon Tom!)
- Members voted to contribute $500 to the Cal4 cook trailer repair project fund
- Fordyce and Rubicon Adopt-a-Trail work for the spring needs to be done in the next couple months – more on this soon
- Start thinking about Easter Jeep Safari in Moab next spring – reservations for campgrounds and hotels will start soon
- Sierra Trek committee registration now open – Rene has details
Hi all – the next run will be the Ladies Run the weekend of May 15-17. This run is for everybody. My idea behind this was to get the ladies out on the trail no matter if driver or passenger. We will be running the Bear Valley Loop Trail on Saturday. Base camp will be at the Upper Little Truckee (River) Campground on Highway 89, 17 miles North of Truckee on Highway 89. I have reserved the group campsite for everybody. There will be a potluck on Saturday night, so please let me know if you will be attending or not so we can have an idea of head count. It is going to be a great weekend, so I hope for a good turnout for this first time event. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Lady *F* Bomber
Carol found out yesterday the road from Garberville to Redway is washed out. You’ll have to go to the first exit north of Garberville which is Redwood Rd. Go south to Redway and turn right Briceland Thorn Rd which turns into Shelter Cove Rd. Drive safe!
P.S. The Badrocr is half painted ,should be done this weekend. FINALLY !!!
Carnegie doesn’t have 4×4 trails as such – it has a small area with obstacles. The obstacles include frame twisters, rock piles, hill climbs.
If you’re like me and haven’t done any wheeling for awhile (winter hibernation) this is a good chance for us to get together and practice tire placement, spotting, try something out of your comfort zone – we have all day, and can also practice vehicle recovery. My personal goal is to see how far I can through the advanced frame twister.
Bring $5 for entrance to the park, drinks and food ( although there is a little store that also is suppose to sell drinks/food), sunscreen, chair.
I plan to get there about 9am and we can stay as long as people want ( or until the park closes ).
Here is link to the website:
p.s. since I really want people to try things the day is boner free for any wheeling activity (driving, spotting, etc). Can still get the boner for doing something off the wall – like throwing a drink on somebody ( but nobody would do something like this, right Renee ).
For those curious how this suit is going that we contributed $$ to, I pinged Bebe for an update on Pirate:
We are awaiting a Calendar Date for our Appeal Hearing.
The New case number for the 9th Circuit is: 14-15336.
Link to Briefs:
Appellants Reply Brief:
Thanks again for all your help.
Audio from the March 2015 Madhatters meeting is now available here: http://madhatters4x4.com/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/madhatters-2015-03.mp3
- Report from RTF Black Tie and Boots
- Report from Wrenching Day at Tom’s
- Rene gets the boner for throwing wine on Amy
- Trip plans from April thru August
- For Rubicon trip in June, members voted to have club rent Chalet @Loon for Thurs nite before trip
- Jo Snyder came to visit and thank us again for our help running the Winter Fun Fest Raffle
- Jo (on behalf of Cal4) gave the Cap Randall award to Dave Jones – who was in attendance! Great to see Dave again
- Cal4 is looking for help fixing/restoring the cook trailer used for WFF and Trek
On Saturday evening, March 7, 2015, Rubicon Trail Foundation held their Annual Black Tie & Boots event at the Legions Hall in Placerville. This was the first year that the Madhatters were a sponsor for the event, we were a Gold sponsor. I thought about it last year, why aren’t we participating as a club when we do maintain part of the trail. So I just ran with the idea. We have had members attend in the past, but never as a club. We had 2 tables and 14 members attend. We had a great time, and yes there might be a bone nomination or two that came from the evening. I have not heard how much was raised from the event as I type my post. There was a silent auction, live auction and raffle prizes. I have already been asked if the club will be a sponsor again next year and I have already told them … Most definitely we will be back next year.
Lady “F” Bomber
Another chance to get your Amateur (HAM) Radio license – Saturday May 23rd in Tracy.
Here is the link: